28 October 2011



Source: Official Tomb Raider Blog

“I think the key thing about the new Lara that Crystal is creating is how much more human she is. I wanted to capture fear and vulnerability but in a way that expresses her ability to overcome both her internal and external difficulties.

I'm a sucker for bows, and I wanted to represent her as an almost mythical figure, like some injured Ronin against a harsh but beautiful world.

I'm a game designer and animator by trade, who just does a bit of art on the side, so knew I couldn't possibly stack up with the accomplished artists who have gone before me by trying to render the image realistically. I chose to go the natural media route and used Painter 12 to imitate an ink wash/watercolor look getting a lot of texture but with little detail.” – Toby Gard

Download this image for your desktop or mobile device at www.tombraider.com/15


 
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment