18 October 2011



From the Official Tomb Raider Blog:
Survival has been a rich theme for the dev team, providing opportunities to add emotional depth and a new range of scale for a Tomb Raider game. For this painting I wanted to explore an intimate moment of Lara overcoming fear, pushing forward through a dark and claustrophobic space. In my fine art I collaborate with models so I was fortunate to work with Meagan Marie on a photo shoot for the painting. She captured the emotion I was looking for perfectly, pushing through the pain of that pose I asked her to hold. Thanks again Meagan, you rocked it! 
 Brian Horton
Brian Horton is a 16-year veteran of the video game industry and is the Senior Art Director on Tomb Raider. Brian is also an illustrator and fine artist; his work has been shown in publications and galleries throughout the world. He lives in Foster City with his wife Susan and two children Victor and Evelyn. Please follow @brianhortonart on Twitter for news and updates.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment