15 December 2008


Emma is the owner of Tomb Raider: The Untold Tales which not only contains her stunning artwork and fan fiction but a series of amazing cosplay photos. Like many other cosplayers Emma was inspired by Lara Croft and made cosplay her hobby. 

1. What does Lara Croft mean to you?

Lara Croft has been my role model ever since I was small. Her gutsy attitude and breath-taking abilities along with the fact that she was an archaeologist immediately made me fall in love with her character. I see her as someone to look up to.

2. Why did you chose Cosplay as your hobby?

I don't really know how it happened. I have always liked dressing up, as most young girls do, and then I saw Lara, gymnast and archaeologist extraordinaire! I just had to dress as her. And then it snowballed.

3. What is your favourite Tomb Raider outfit and why?

My favourite just has to be her original outfit. It's what Lara always used to wear and is her trademark so I just love it! Blue vest and beige shorts RULE!

4. Do you make your own outfits, and if so how do you go about doing it?

I make most of my outfits by myself, but mainly out of already made clothes and then modifying them, like making Lara's Underworld wetsuit out of a large jumper. But if it's something bigger, like an appearance at a convention, then I like to make it all myself by drawing out the pattern myself and doing the entire thing from scratch. I admit, I'm just creating more work for myself, but it gives you a feeling of satisfaction when you've made the entire thing yourself. On the other hand, I always make the holsters and gun rig myself, probably because they're a lot easier!

5. How do you find time for cosplay?

I honestly do not know. I do run a website, forum, have a job and coursework and a boyfriend and I still find time! It's a mystery!

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment